Friday 30 March 2012

Question 6

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing my product.

Things I have learnt in the process of constructing my product would be that I learnt how to use the application adobe Photoshop that enabled me to manipulate photos and arrange my magazine perfect to how I wanted it.

Although it was a difficult program to use and get used to I feel that my product went quite well. I used tools such as the magic wand which allowed me to briefly cut around shape quickly which had simple backgrounds such as a fully green background. and for the closer up detail to improve the quality of cutting out i used the eraser tool with the hardness on about 60-70% i felt that this enabled me to erase the edges with a more professional finish.

I also made use of the gradient tool in a couple of areas of my magazine for example the front cover. Since my draft cover I have gradually decreased the darkness of the background from the black to grey/white. I achieved this by selecting the gradient tool and choosing two different colours from the pallet in this case i chose black and white.
Using Photoshop gave me the opportunity to manipulate the photography I took so that my images would fit in against the darker background. I was able to change the brightness of each image and also the contrast  which increased the visual impact, and that is something i learnt how to do more effectively in the process of constructing my product.

I found that my skill improved along the way of constructing my product as i i noticed i changed a lot of features throughout the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment